Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that gives you the chance to stimulate your body’s collagen and elastin production. Collagen and elastin are essential proteins that perform many functions, including keeping your skin hydrated, firm, and healthy.
By using tiny needles to create small punctures in your skin, microneedling triggers the healing process. As your skin heals the micropunctures, the skin is strengthened and collagen is built, creating healthier, more youthful skin tissue.
The Hudson Med Spa offers microneedling to help you with numerous skin concerns, including signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines, as well as acne scars, enlarged pores, and uneven skin tone and texture.
You can turn to microneedling for treating facial concerns. It is appropriate for most areas of the face, including under the eyes, the lips, cheeks, and the forehead.
Microneedling can also be an option to improve stretch marks and scarring on other areas of the body. For stretch marks, microneedling can be effective in the thighs and abdominal area, especially when paired with other procedures.
|Scar Revision (Up to Index Card Size)
|Add Ons Available
|PRP + SoME Skincare
Is it Right for Me?
Microneedling is a good treatment option for people with good overall health and skin concerns. If you are pregnant, have skin conditions like psoriasis, have blood disorders or clotting issues, have a history of keloid scars, or are taking medication for acne, other treatments may suit you better.
Adding PRP to Morpheus8
- Platelet-rich plasma is a concentrated collection of platelets from your blood. It contains growth factors that stimulate your body’s own healing abilities making it a skincare superhero.
- The most talked about benefit of PRP is the stimulation of collagen. While Morpheus8 alone will trigger collagen synthesis, PRP will do this AND remove the old fragments of collagen that occur with aging. With PRP you are simultaneously getting rid of old cells and replacing them with new ones. Morpheus8 without PRP is like planting fresh flowers without removing the weeds from the garden.
- An additional benefit of PRP is that it improves pigmentation. Some of the growth factors generated by PRP slow the creation of new melanin (skin pigment). The result is less buildup of pigment especially in the under-eye area.
- Lastly, some of the growth factors released by PRP increase the production of hyaluronic acid. While your skin is responding to the radiofrequency delivered during Morpheus8 additional hyaluronic acid can help encourage more volume, moisture, and elasticity.
Get the answers to common questions you may have about the microneedling procedure.
The Perfect Companion
Products and services that pair perfectly with Microneedling
- Premier Hydrafacial
- SoME™ Skincare with PRP
- SkinCeuticals® Hydrating B5 Gel
- SkinCeuticals® Epidermal Repair
- Elta MD UV Clear