ABOUT THE REVAMP
The ReVamp is The Hudson’s own “Vampire facial.” This popular cosmetic procedure combines microneedling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to stimulate your body’s anti-aging response.
THE PRP DIFFERENCE
PRP is like a performance enhancing drug for the skin. It can amplify the results of a cosmetic procedure and act as a treatment on its own. It has been used for years during surgery to improve outcomes and expedite healing during orthopedic surgery – it is one of the reasons people recover from these surgeries much faster and better now as opposed to 20 years ago. These same properties help it to enhance dermatologic procedures in the same way, leading to faster recovery and better results.
This Process Involves Three Main Steps:
- PRP collectionPlatelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a collection of concentrated growth factors derived from your blood. We take a small blood sample and run it through a centrifuge to separate the platelets from the other components in the blood. Once separated, the concentrated solution has 5 times more platelets than regular blood. This liquid gold is drawn up in a syringe and ready to use.
- MicroneedlingA layer of PRP is applied on top of the skin before the microneedling begins. Placing PRP on the skin before we begin lets it act as a gliding agent to protect your skin during the process and places the PRP in position to be driven below the surface through microneedling. The microneedling pen is a small device that has tiny needles that make small punctures in your skin. The skin responds by stimulating its own healing response – new collagen and elastin production. Collagen and elastin are essential for keeping the skin hydrated, firm and healthy. This device alone will improve complexion, fine lines, scars, and skin texture (even without the application of PRP).
- PRP APPLICATION
The tiny punctures in the skin created through microneedling act as small channels giving direct access to the deeper layer of the skin. We re-apply PRP to infuse it into the deeper layers so it can aid in the wound healing process that has been stimulated. PRP dramatically improves the quality of the collagen created and quickens the recovery time from microneedling. The result is younger, more vibrant skin.
- OPTIONAL SoME™ Skincare PRODUCT SERVICe and take home product The remaining PRP from your service can be used to your advantage with a personalized take home product, SoME™ Skincare. SoME Skincare is a serum with hyaluronic acid and antioxidants combined with your PRP. Adding this skincare product to your aftercare allows you to continue to receive the PRP benefits as you heal and helps you maintain the results thereafter. This is a product that cannot be bought in stores as its most powerful ingredient is uniquely you – your own PRP.
|The ReVamp PRP + Microneedling
Price (10% Off)
|Single Treatment + SoME™ Skincare
|3 Pack of Treatment (Save 15%)
|3 Pack of Treatments + SoME™ Skincare + Complementary Skincare Mini-Fridge
|SoME™ Skincare Alone (without Microneedling)
Price (10% Off)
|Two Bottles + Complementary Skincare Mini-Fridge (Save 10%)
|Three Bottles + Complementary Skincare Mini-Fridge (Save 20%)
Platelet rich plasma- let us break it down. Plasma is the fluid component of blood. It holds the nutrients and cells. Platelets are the body’s blood clotting cells. When you get a cut, platelets burst in the area, releasing a myriad of proteins and enzymes into the area that start the clotting and healing process. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is thus a concentrated collection of platelets in fluid. It is created by taking whole blood and removing the components of the blood that are not helpful (and potentially hurtful) in the healing process. This concentrated concoction of your own bodies healing abilities is then used to help targeted healing.
The most talked about benefit of PRP is the stimulation of collagen. While microneedling alone will trigger collagen synthesis, PRP will do this AND remove the old fragments of collagen that occur with aging. With PRP you are simultaneously getting rid of old cells and replacing them with new ones. Microneedling without PRP is like planting fresh flowers without removing the weeds from the garden.
An additional benefit of PRP is that it improves pigmentation. Some of the growth factors generated by PRP slow the creation of new melanin (skin pigment). The result is less buildup of pigment especially in the under-eye area.
Lastly, some of the growth factors released by PRP increase the production of hyaluronic acid. This improves skin volume, moisture, and elasticity. By addressing these aspects of the skin, you can see improvements in fine lines and wrinkles.
To summarize, Microneedling is telling the skin to recalibrate and PRP is providing your skin the nutrients it needs to succeed.
MORE ABOUT SoME™ Skincare
SoME™ Skincare is a custom skin serum that uses your PRP in a take-home product. In addition to PRP, it contains all natural ingredients including marshmallow extra and honey suckle known for their anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties. SoME™ Skincare serum improves the appearance of fine lines, texture, discoloration, and puffiness. In clinical trials patients showed improvement in softness, firmness, and brightness after 4 weeks of treatment.
SoME™ Skincare product is effective for 90 days (about 3 months) after it is formulated in our office using your PRP. The product must be stored refrigerated to stay effective. It is recommended that the product is applied twice per day, after cleansing and before moisturizing or application of other serums. When used as recommended, a single bottle will last 4-6 weeks (about 1 and a half months).
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN The Re-VAMP AND STANDARD MICRONEEDLING?
There is no substitute for your own body’s growth factors! The ReVamp is a unique procedure that allows you to take concentrated, personalized skin enhancers and put it right into the skin that needs it the most. No synthetic serum or cream can compare with this response.
Without PRP, you can expect a similar response in all the areas, however it will not be as intense of an improvement and the post procedure redness can last slightly longer.
Is It Right For Me?
The ReVamp has all the benefits of microneedling with improved recovery and amplified results. It is safe on all skin types looking for a multifunctional facial rejuvenation. This procedure does require a blood draw; thus, we do not recommend it for those that have medical or personal exemption to blood sample collection.
Individuals with medical conditions or medications impacting the blood should refrain from treatment (bleeding disorders, blood & metastatic cancers, blood thinners) for their own safety. Special consideration should be given to those with diseases that impact platelet function (HIV/AIDs, Hepatitis C, platelet disorders) as the procedure may not be as effective as reported results.
Get the answers to common questions you may have about the microneedling procedure.
The Perfect Companion
Products and services that pair perfectly with The ReVamp
- Premier Hydrafacial
- SoME™ Skincare with PRP
- SkinCeuticals® Epidermal Repair
- SkinCeuticals® Hydra Balm
- SkinCeuticals® Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 30